Choosing how to get data from your network and into your monitoring and security tools is just as important as the tools themselves. Network taps are one of today’s best methods for creating permanent in-line monitoring ports for your packet analyzers, intrusion detection systems, IDS, data retention compliance devices and other analytic network tools. To accomplish this, taps are inserted between network devices, where they copy data continuously, 24/7, without compromising network integrity. Also, taps are available with a variety of features for both copper and fiber networks and they maintain connectivity, even after power loss to the tap. It’s for these reasons that network architects select taps over port mirroring alone to improve monitoring and security. And it’s why they are a proven, critical part of the highest performing networks today. Select Datacom Systems taps as your choice for gaining the visibility you need to make your network efficient, secure and compliant.
- Taps make a copy of network traffic to share with analytic or monitoring tools
- For full line rate visibility, use a non aggregating tap that sends out two separate copies of a network link
- For full duplex visibility with a single monitoring port, use an aggregation capable tap
- Fiber taps are non-powered devices, they optically split the light signal, to maintain maximum uptime
- Fiber tap installation incurs minimal network latency <10ns
- FTP Series supports both 10G and 1G speeds
- Taps integrate easily with network packet brokers (for aggregation, filtering or load balancing)